I wrote this some time ago; it’s been a draft sitting on my computer for quite a while. It’s as true now as it was then, though.
Looking at prospective panelists, I’m surprised at how many published writers trying to promote themselves do not or cannot:
- Have their own domain name,
- Have an excerpt up on their site,
- Write a paragraph introducing themselves,
- Understand what a paragraph is,
- Bother to mention a URL where their book is,
- (for the non-indies) Mention who their publisher is.
And yet want to be on a panel about building a brand or give a solo presentation about same.