So desamo.clothing is up and running. (desamo, btw, is DEirdre SAoirse MOen. It’s an email address I thought up for myself the day I started at Apple so no one would have to spell my various names.)
At 9:23 pm, got an email about a T-shirt theme that integrates with Amazon, Teespring, and others. I first saw the theme yesterday….
At 10:44 pm, bought the theme.
At 11:01 pm, registered the domain for the theme. (I’d been thinking about it even before I heard of the theme. It’s just a lot of work without the right one.)
Then I did all the usual:
- ran a script to create a new WordPress site with my usual fluff
- tuned the plugins and theme
- created a git repository and put everything in
- created a remote git repository & pushed to remote
- created the unix user on my server (and forgot to add it to the web group, doh!)
- created the zone file for apache
- added in the SSH keys to push data in
- pushed all the data in
- activated the theme
- imported some shirts
Oops, no pics!
Because I’d forgotten to add to the web group so no write permission for the pics. Being tired, that took three tries.
Still, all done and set up and running by 1:20. With pictures, this time.
More Stuff Later at desamo.clothing
I still have to figure out how to pull in my existing designs that are in other places, too, so it’ll mix them in among other designs. Should be some fun code.