I’m a huge fan of Creative Market. When I started to have items I wanted to sell, I applied for a shop there. I’ve been on a waiting list for a Creative Market shop for a really long time. Probably at least 8 months.
My first product is ready, too!
Last week, I got word that it was finally ready, which meant getting a ton of things done:
- Setting up e-commerce on desamo.graphics.
- Setting up a separate email list for desamo.graphics. Which I may have forgotten to complete. Ah well.
- Removing some of the suck from (you guessed it).
- Creating a header for my Creative Market site. (Shown below.)
- Fixing up a product that I’d thrown up on Gumroad a few months ago (and only two people looked at it, ever).
I’ve been working on everything I needed to do for several days, including re-tweaking the CSS on the site and re-generating all the image thumbnails until I was happy with them, and changing the site from the girly pink to a less girly mint—which has the added benefit of receding into the background, as cool colors are wont to do.
Here’s the facebook edition of my new shop header. Bibi is not my cat, but I’m glad that the virtual office mockup included a kitty. Mine would never pose like that!
It covers a bit of what I did last year:
- Poster (etc.) I did that’s on redbubble.
- Bora Bora photo from a year ago.
- One of my funny holiday cards.
- And a photo I sent out to my email list but haven’t otherwise shown publicly. Thank you to the 42.5% of you who saw it.