- Delete all NBC channels, including Bravo, from the TiVos’ channel lineups.
- Join NOW.
- Subscribe to Ms. Magazine.
- Dump all Tresemmé hair care products in the trash and write them a letter explaining why you’ve done it and why you’re not buying more.
- Dump all L’Oreal Paris products in the trash and write them a letter explaining why you’ve done it and why you’re not buying more.
- Write a letter to Macy’s.
- Write a letter to Saturn, pointing out that 2/3 of the household cars are Saturns, but it’s oh so unfortunate that they decided to sponsor this show.
- Write Corelle, saying you loved their incredibly funny runway ad, however….
- Continue ad nauseum with each and every other sponsor.
- Send copies of all letters to Bravo and NBC, with another set to the Magical Elves (PR’s production company). Point out that giving someone $100,000 after using the word “feminazi” to describe another contestant just doesn’t meet with some people’s reality.
- Send apologetic letter to Tim Gunn about how the judges simply failed to “Make it Work” when it came to the final runway judging.
This wasn’t a fashion show, it was Jerry Springer. The show jumped the shark so hard it left orbit.
Or, as Marion Zimmer Bradley put it, “I want my disbelief to be suspended, not hung by the neck until dead.” Or words to that effect.
The only redemption edit Jeffrey could have gotten would have involved a hot poker, his tongue cut out with a knife, and a permanent vow of silence. Even that wouldn’t have been enough.